There are many ways of travelling around our beautiful planet, but which is the best option? We’ve put together the top five ways of travelling, and in this article, we’re going to list the pros and cons of travelling by each of them so that if you’re thinking of taking a trip somewhere, you can decide what mode of transport you wish to take.
The aeroplane is a popular choice for mode of travel. Thousands of planes take to the sky each day for many different reasons. The main being holidaymakers travelling abroad, some being business trips and other for private use. Interested in travelling by plane? Check out some travel agency websites to see where you can go and also find out the cost. So why is the plane such a popular mode of transport?
- It’s easy and faster than any other way of travelling a large distance.
- You don’t have to worry about looking up directions, you simply get onto the plane and let the captain take you to your destination.
- There are airports all over the world, it’s likely you’re quite close to one.
- Return flights are available, meaning you’re able to pre-book your journey home too.
- You have the chance to see some spectacular views. Once you’re at the right height you can see for miles around. You often fly over rain clouds and view sunsets from a great height.
- There’s no worry for you about where you’re going to ‘park’. Once you get off the plane you can continue on your way.
- The fear of planes failing and falling out of the sky is a common fear to have.
- You have to abide by the plane timetable, and sometimes this could mean taking a flight in the middle of the night.
- It’s up to you to sort out transport at either end of the flight.
- Depending on what kind of flight you’ve booked, they can often be cramped and uncomfortable. If you’ve got a long haul flight this could be a problem.
- You’re often limited to how much luggage you can take with you.
Travelling by car is another very popular choice. There are billions of cars in the world and they are so popular because they’re so convenient. Most people in this day and age own their own car, which is why it puts this form of travel ahead of the game. If you don’t have a car but can drive, it might be time to invest in one so that you can make travelling for yourself much easier. Want more information? Find more at www.fiestakia.com, here you will find a large range of cars that would be perfect for your travelling needs.
- Cars are easy to just pack up your things and go.
- They can travel from country to country, including across seas.
- You have the freedom to go wherever you want.
- When you arrive at your destination, you’re able to explore the area without having to think about hiring a car or finding a taxi.
- Depending on the size of your car, you can take friends or family with you on your trip.
- There is space for your luggage, and you won’t have to worry about packing too much, as long as it fits in the car.
- Travelling by car can be costly, especially if you’re going overseas. You will need to pay for space on a boat or plane for your car and also any tolls along the way.
- Travelling a long distance may cause damage to your car. If you unexpectedly break down, you’ll need to think about how you’re going to get your car fixed. This may be a problem if you’re abroad.
- You have to look up directions to your destination.
- Your journey may be a long one, and if you’re the only one driving, you will need to take regular breaks to ensure you’re safe on the road.
Heading across the seas? Then travelling by boat may be your choice of travel. Often, people choose to have their vacation on boat and this is called a cruise. It’s a great way to travel because they are so relaxing, and if you have the right weather you’re in for a treat.
- You get to see some beautiful sights along the way of countries that you’re sailing past.
- Sea creatures like dolphins and whales are often spotted when you’re far out into the sea. Sometimes you may be able to swim with dolphins.
- You can travel by boat to go on fishing trips, which is a fantastic way of relaxing and taking in the fresh ocean air.
- If you’ve gone down the route of booking a cruise, you can sit back and enjoy the ride. There are often many activities on cruise boats too, meaning if you didn’t want to be outside of the ship the whole time, you could entertain yourself with something else.
- Some people experience sea sickness. Even if they have never had it before, depending on how choppy the ocean is, you may experience some.
- Cruises or even hiring a boat can be expensive.
- If the weather isn’t kind, it might not be a very nice experience because you will be stuck inside the boat.
- Often there are other people on the boat, which if you wanted some peace and quiet, may be a problem.
Travelling by train is a luxurious form of travel. That is, if you choose the right kind of train. It’s a great form of travelling because apart from making some short stops on the journey for other passengers, it’s pretty much an A-B travel experience.
- It’s a fast way of getting to your destination.
- If you’ve chosen the right trainline, it can be a relaxing experience.
- You get to see some amazing countryside views.
- There are often deals available for travelling by train, including your return journey. Check out how you can book a great deal on your journey.
- If your journey is expected to be a long one, there are often food and refreshments served on the train, including a bathroom too.
- There is space above head for your luggage.
- If you pick a commercial train line, you could be stuck travelling with noisy people which may ruin the experience.
- If air conditioning isn’t available on the train, it could end up being a long and overly warm journey because you’re not able to open much, if any, of the windows on a train. This is because of how fast the train is travelling.
- All of the stops that the train makes may become very tedious.
- You have to sort out transport either end of the train journey.
Possibly a less popular form of travel, but still a fantastic way to see sights around the world. They’re cheap and getting a license for a bike is fairly easy. So why do people choose to use their bikes?
- They are small and easy to travel with. You’re able to use the road like any other vehicle with the added bonus of being able to weave between cars and trucks during standstills.
- You can pack up and go anytime you like.
- It’s a cheap form of travel, once you have purchased one, that is.
- Bikes are a great way of travelling solo and getting away for a short time.
- They are easy to park and can fit into small spaces.
- If you’re not careful, they can be a dangerous form of travelling.
- They aren’t suitable for travelling too far, because they could become uncomfortable for the user.
- If you want to travel with friends or family, the bike isn’t an option unless you all have one.
- You will have to pack light because there is no space for any luggage.
Whichever form of travel you choose to use, be sure to book everything you need in advance. For example:
- Booking tickets for your train, plane or boat journey is essential. It’s very unlikely that you can turn up and just hop on.
- Make sure that if you’re travelling overseas by car or bike, that you book your vehicle a space on the ferry.
- Ensure that at your destination you have somewhere to stay for the night, pre-book yourself into a hotel. If you’re camping of course, then you don’t need to worry about anything but packing the tent.
- If you want the most relaxing travel experience possible, make sure that you speak to the travel agency beforehand and try to book yourself a first class experience.
- If you are travelling for vacation, check out these tips on planning a stress free vacation.
Ultimately, make sure you enjoy your trip away and you choose the right mode of travel for you!